Fermentis Safale US-05 dry yeast
- Amazon.com (USA)
- Amazon.ca (Canada)
- Amazon.co.uk (Europe)
- Adventures in Homebrewing (11.5g sachet) (USA)
- Adventures in Homebrewing (500g brick) (USA)
- Great Fermentations (USA)
- More Beer! (USA)
- High Gravity (USA)
- Ontario Beer Kegs (11.5g sachet) (Canada)
- Ontario Beer Kegs (500g brick) (Canada)
- eBay (USA)
Famous Sierra Nevada Chico yeast strain found in beers across America. It produces well balanced beers with low diacetyl and a very clean, crisp end palate.
Also sold as White Labs WLP001 California Ale and Wyeast 1056 American Ale. US-05 was formerly called US-56, but was likely renamed because it sounded too much like "1056". For a comparison of these strains see our US-05 vs WY1056/WLP001 tests.
This is a yeast we use a lot so we purchase it in 500g bricks (to save money) and then re-package. For more information see our Storing Hops and Dry Yeast guide.
Purchasing through our affiliate links helps support our site at no extra cost to you. We thank you!